The primary mission of Professional Development is to provide professional and personal growth opportunities for all individuals in the college community. The Professional Development program promotes excellence in instruction and effective student support services, as well as encourages a dynamic, comprehensive, educational continuum to facilitate student success.
Professional Development Advisory Committee Eligibility:
Orange Coast College contract classified and faculty employees can apply for funding for special department workshops, strategic planning retreats, conferences and/or individual requests that support the overall college goals. Applications are individually reviewed for eligibility and approved by the Professional Development Advisory Committee. Contact a PDAC member for forms or funding information.
Additional professional development resources are available for classified, faculty, and management employees. Select from the links below to learn more.
- Professional Development Institute (PDI): This Senate committee is run by faculty for faculty professional development activities based on the CFE contract. PDI reviews, grants conference funding for full-time faculty and 7.5+ LHE part-time faculty; grants sabbaticals for full-time faculty; and grants stipends or salary advancement credits for a variety of professional development activities for full-time faculty. All activities must be pre-approved prior to the beginning of the activity. For more information, read the Professional Development Handbook at the PDI OCC Portal website. If you are an Orange Coast College employee, you may access their portal page here.
- Coast District Management Association: The CDMA provides funds for educational advancement and other tools and resources aimed at management educational growth and success. CDMA programs and services can be viewed on their website, cdma.cccd.edu. Information regarding the educational funding can be obtained here.
- Classified Professional Development Program: The Coast Community College District Board of Trustees Coast Federation of Classified Employees offers support and encouragement to eligible classified employees. Some of the available programs include textbook and tuition reimbursement, salary differential, release time, and funding to attend conferences and college workshops. Select the CCCD Professional Development link on the left pane for more details.
- Part-Time (PT) Faculty who are members of the Coast Community College Association (CCA) may be eligible for conference travel funds. Information regarding the Coast CCA may be obtained here.
If you have any questions, contact Claudia Montoya-Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org or another member of Professional Development listed below.
OCC Professional Development Advisory Committee Representatives
- Paul Asim, Campus Administrator representing Administration
- Anna Hanlon, Student Learning Outcome Assessment Coordinator representing Student Learning
- Rene Kinn, Foundation representing Foundation
- Georgie Monahan, Campus Coordinator for Program Review representing Program Review
- Irene Naesse, Volunteer Faculty Committee representing Faculty
- Marilyn Kennedy, Chair of the Faculty Professional Development Institute
- Rich Pagel, Management Professional development Coordinator (Acting) Management
- Allison Paine, Classified Staff Member representing Classified Staff
- Rosio Soto, Classified Staff Member representing Classified Staff
- Claudia Montoya-Andrews, Staff Development Coordinator Staff Development Committee
- Eric Wilson, Information Technology Member