Computing Center Policies
- Misuse of your account, and disruptive behavior may result in your account being disabled, and further disciplinary action.
- These facilities are for the use of registered students, faculty and college staff only.
- Non-enrolled visitors should check with Computing Center staff at the INFOMATION DESK about available services.
- Registered students, faculty and college staff must have a network account to use the computers in the Computing Center.
- Food and Drinks are not allowed in the Computing Center ( including bottled water).
- A current Orange Coast College Student ID Card is required while present in the Computing Center. A current Student ID Card must be presented at the Information Desk for resetting the student network account password and for other services.
- The Computing Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Logging on/off:
Use of the facility:
- Do not log on with any account other than your own.
- Do not allow anyone else to log on with your account for any purpose at any time.
- Files will NOT be saved to the computer hard drive once student logs off. Save the files to an external device, such as a USB drive. Students also have the option of using Google Drive to save files (check your student email for more information).
- When leaving the Computing Center, please log off, push in your chair, and make sure you have all of your belongings.
- Use of the facilities is for educational purposes only.
- Viewing of and/or saving obscene or sexually explicit materials is not permitted.
- Introduction of viruses or other malicious software is not permitted.
- Illegal downloading of software or use of pirated software is not permitted.
- Students using computers for educational purposes have priority over students using equipment for personal reasons, such as email, chat sessions and games.