Phi Alpha Mu offers Lifetime Membership Benefits, which include the following:
- Permanent notation of honors on student’s OCC transcript,
- Special commencement regalia and recognition during graduation ceremonies,
- Leadership, Service and Scholarship portfolio development, and
- Opportunity for active society members to compete for scholarship awards.
Qualifying Social and Behavioral Sciences Courses:
- American Studies, Anthropology, Economics, Ethnic Studies, Gender Studies, Geography, History, Humanities, Philosophy, Political Science, Psychology, Religious Studies, and Sociology.
- Lifetime membership dues in the amount of $40 must be attached to completed applications in the form of a check or money order: made out to Orange Coast College
- Membership dues are used to provide resources for honors regalia, induction ceremony supplies, and to support student activities and fieldtrips.
Phi Alpha Mu inducts qualified students into lifetime membership and recognition once a year during the second half of the Spring semester. Each new member receives a certificate of membership and is formally introduced to the legacy, mission, and objectives of the organization. Students have the opportunity to meet and network with Social and Behavioral Science faculty and other honor society members. Graduating members will receive their special honors regalia to be worn during Commencement events. Continuing students collaborate on leadership, service and research projects for the upcoming year.
Note: Current enrollment in courses does not count towards qualification. Only OCC courses with grades that are listed and highlighted on the transcripts will be considered.
Deliver application, highlighted transcripts, and check for $40.00 payable to Orange Coast College:
OCC Honors Office
Watson Hall 433
Orange Coast College