You likely have more than one reason for attending college and investing in your education, but nearly all students have a goal of working in their field of study after graduation. Perhaps you entered college with a specific major and post-college job or career in mind. Many students, however, need time for self-exploration and support for discovery about how their interests, skills, and talents translate to specific majors or careers. That’s where the Career Center comes in.
VISIT THE CAREER CENTER
Located in Watson Hall, the Career Center stands ready to help students explore career paths and related majors, identify target careers, and prepare to pursue internships and post-college jobs with best-in-class counseling services. We serve all enrolled students through career-related workshops, online resources, assessments and tools, and a job/internship board where our partnering businesses recruit students for open jobs.
- career/major exploration
- resume and cover-letter writing
- job/internship search
- interview preparation
- guest speakers
- industry panels
- career-readiness topics
Online Resources, Tools, and Self-Assessments
Use the self-assessments, tools, and resources on this site to explore on your own. When you’re ready, schedule an appointment with our Career Counselor. This one-on-one opportunity will help you hone your options and move forward into the career you choose.
READY TO MAKE YOUR APPOINTMENT?
At this time, Orange Coast College’s campus is CLOSED until further notice in response to the COVID-19 pandemic to protect the health and safety of our students, faculty, staff, and the community. During this time, career counseling will be conducted remotely.
To schedule a career counseling appointment with Katie Ottoson (Career Counselor), please follow the steps below.
- Visit Katie’s virtual scheduling system.
- Click on “Schedule Appointment” then select “Career Counseling”
- An Informed Consent agreement will appear and you will need to select “Agree” in order to move forward.
- Log-in using the Canvas option and use your MyCoast username/password, then click “Authorize” on the Cranium Cafe window that appears.
- The next screen will allow you to find a day and time that works best with your schedule, a reason for your meeting, and a meeting place (Note: Although phone and video are both offered, video is highly preferred so that Katie can share her screen with you to show you career resources).
- Book your appointment by selecting the day/time and completing the intake form with your information.
- You will receive a confirmation email that contains your appointment details – save this to refer to when it’s time for your appointment.
- For video appointments, it is recommend that you use a computer (not a phone) to log-in and you must use either Google Chrome or Firefox as your browser. Please try to log-in a few minutes early to avoid any technical issues.
You can email Katie at email@example.com if you experience any difficulties.