Orange Coast College prides itself of being a destination of choice for students from around the world. Currently, OCC has a total student enrollment of 24,000 students, 1,000 of which are international students representing more than 70 countries. Here are the top reasons why students choose Orange Coast College.
1) TRANSFER SUCCESS: Orange Coast College is #1 in Orange County and #3 overall in transfers to the University of California and California State University systems. OCC maintains TAG (Transfer Admissions Gurantee) agreements with 6 UC campuses and nearly all CSU's, transfer credit agreements with 100's of Universities across the US, and OCC Honors Students can also gain priority transfer admissions to UCLA through TAP (Transfer Alliance Program) for select majors.
OCC's international students have also transferred to Ivy Leagues such as Columbia, Cornell and UPENN, and other top schools such as MIT, NYU, and USC.
2) AFFORDABILITY: Students can save more than 50% in tuition and fees by entering a 2+2 pathway at Orange Coast College.
3) LOCATION: Orange Coast College is located in the city of Costa Mesa, in the coastline of Orange County, one of the safest and most desirable communities in Southern California. Orange County is also home to Disneyland Resort and California's most popular beaches.
4) ACADEMIC PROGRAMS AND CAMPUS RESOURCES. Orange Coast College offers 130 academic and vocation programs leading to associate's degrees, certificates and transfer admissions to 4-year University. Students can study virtually anything from Business, Engineering, Film, Fashion, and Hospitality. OCC also
has resources, facilities, and services that are on par with top 4-year universities such as a our Student Succcess Center offeirng free tutoring services, Honors Program, International Center, 4-year Universitiy transfer fairs, student-run marine aquariums, and much more!
5) TOP CC. Orange Coast College was recently named Top Community College in Southern California by edsmart.org based on transfer rates and overall student retention.
View OCC's electronic brochure here
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT TESTIMONIALS
"The people were wonderful at OCC. Students and teachers were all friendly and helpful. I was able to succeed academically all because of the wonderful supportive professors at OCC. I have multiple favorite professors and many that I still feel grateful (they) helped me to get to where I am now."
(Aldarsaikhan was a student at OCC where she got her AA. She transferred to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) where she got her BA and is now pursuing her graduate (MA) program at Harvard University)
- Megumi, Japan
"The OCC campus is huge! It has brand new buildings, new classrooms, and equipment. Students can choose from lots of different majors and programs. My professors are very friendly and they are extremely helpful to students."
- Bo Jing, China
"OCC is beautiful!! Professors at OCC are very knowledgeable and kind. I major in Accounting and plan to transfer to a 4-year university when I complete my program. As an international student coming to America, OCC has taught me a lot about being a good student and learning the educational system. I am a member of Chinese Student Association and have found many new friends."
(Bo Jing transferred to the University of Southern California - USC)
- Keegan, Zimbabwe
"I decided to come to the U.S. to see the rest of the world and study communications at OCC because of the support system, location, and its transfer rate. OCC is known for great athletic programs and reputable coaches. I am sure OCC will equip me with the athletic and academic skills necessary to enter and excel at a University of California (UC) school. If you are thinking of studying abroad, go for it!"
(Keegan transferred to the University of Arizona)
- Michele, Brazil
"OCC's location in Southern California is wonderful; great weather all year long, huge campus, and a mix of cultures from all over the world. I love the architecture and how the campus looks. All of my instructors are well-qualified with great educational backgrounds; they are really nice and helpful. I love all of my classes, even though I have to study a lot."
"I've always dreamed of studying in an American college. OCC has been the best choice. It's an amazing school. Professors are highly knowledgeable. There are a large number of majors and considerable transfer programs which allow student to transfer to the most prestigious universities. OCC is helping me achieve my goals." (Guiseppe has accepted an offer of admissions to Columbia University for the Fall 2015 majoring in Pre-Medicine)
-Ji Young, Korea
"The International Center staff helped me from beginning to end. Since I was new to America and to college, I did not know what I should so, but the staff patiently helped me with all my issues. I really love studying at OCC. I'm proud of this college. All the facilities and services provided are of great quality, such as free tutoring, the library, and the International Center. The experiences I have gathered in my college life have been invaluable to me."
(Ji Young graduated and worked for one year in the OPT program to gain work experience)
- Phuong, Vietnam
"Studying outside Vietnam is a great opportunity for me to experience new things and the United States was my number once choice when I decided to study abroad. The OCC campus is enormously beautiful; it gives you a comfortable environment when you are far away from your home and I love the staff. they are always willing to help, always happy to answer questions and assist me. The best thing is that they are nice and make you feel like they are your second family."