Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Sign In Navigate Up
Current Students
We hope that you are enjoying your studies at OCC and are having a great experience in Southern California.  Here you will find forms and information that you may need during your time at OCC.  As always, please feel free to contact the International Center if you have any additional questions or need assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Forms for Students:

Forms to Bring to Counseling Appointments:

  • Less Than 12 Unit Authorization Request Form For Last Semester
  • Optional Practical Training Recommendation Form.pdf
  • Change of Major Request Form
  • I-20 Extension Request Form
    • Sites:

      More Information Regarding Forms & Sites Above (and more!)

      To Request I-20 Extension
      Please make an appointment to see an academic counselor to determine what you still need to complete to finish your educational program. Print out the I-20 Extension Request Form (above) and bring it with you to the appointment with the counselor. We will then need you to submit this form and a new bank statement showing the current amount required (see tuition and fees pages for current amount) in available funds and a signed sponsorship form (see application pages).
      In order to maintain student confidentiality, your OCC student information is not accessible to anyone other than you.  If you would like to authorize another person to have access to your student file information, you will need to complete an Authorization to Release Records to a Third Party form.  Please note that the authorized party will only be able to obtain your personal information in person (not over the phone), and with a valid photo ID.  We must receive the form directly from the student.
      If you have moved or changed any of your contact information (phone, email...), you need to inform the International Center within 10 days, so that we can update your SEVIS record.  Please submit this completed form to our office in person, by email, or fax.
      Concurrent Enrollment
      To receive authorization to take a class at another school To receive authorization to take a class at another school please submit the completed concurrent enrollment request form to our office in person, by email or fax. Please clearly explain which specific class you want to take and at what school, & details about the reason why you want to take the class elsewhere.  If it is a time conflict with another class you are enrolled in, state the class name and CRN number and explain the problem in detail.  Please note that ESL courses cannot be taken concurrently outside of OCC.  We will process the form, and if approved, we will write you an authorization letter which you can take with your I-20 to the concurrent school to enroll in the class.  Please allow  3-5 days for processing.
      If you would like for the International Center to process a payment on your behalf (for tuition,  application fees, or other fees), please complete the credit card authorization form, and submit it in person, or fax to our office at (714) 432-5191.  For security reasons, please do not scan and email this form.
      Transfer Statement of Understanding
      If you have been accepted to another institution, please let us be the first to congratulate you!  Please submit a copy of your acceptance letter along with the completed transfer statement of understanding form to the International Center, so that we can begin the process of transferring your SEVIS record to your new institution.  Please be sure to read this form completely before submission.​  Please note that if you will be travelling abroad before classes begin at your new school you will need to use the new school's I-20 to enter the U.S. If you are currently on OPT from OCC you will also need to submit a copy of your OPT card and a letter of verification of employment from your employer.

      Verification Request​
      If your class schedule is not adequate proof that you are currently enrolled at OCC, you may use this form to request a letter that verifies you are an international student at OCC.  The letter will include your degree program, current number of units enrolled, first semester at OCC, and estimated semester of program completion. ​ 


      The I-94 document has now been made paperless if you enter the U.S. by air.  This is an important document that you will need during your stay in the U.S.  You should go to the USCIS website to print your I-94 document.  If you entered the U. S. before the I-94 process changed to paperless, you should have a small white I-94 card stapled in your passport.  When you leave the U.S. you should give the I-94 card to the airline staff to report your departure.


      Orange Coast College has partnered with peerTransfer to streamline the tuition payment process for our international students. With peerTransfer, you are offered excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing you to pay in your home currency (in most cases) and save a significant amount of money, as compared to traditional banks. You will be able to login to your peerTransfer account, at any time, to track the progress of your payment and you will also be notified via email when your payment is received by Orange Coast College.

      E-Ship Global

      This is the service OCC uses to allow students to select and pay for a shipping method. To ship I-20's we strongly recommend a traceable shipping service such as DHL or Federal Express.  Please go to the link, and create an account to choose your shipping method. 

      Adding or "petitioning" a class with Add Permits/Instructor Permission:

      Classes that have a status on the online class schedule of "Waitlisted" or "Auth Reqd" require instructor permission to add the class. To obtain instructor permission go to the first class meeting (or subsequent class meeting) or email the instructor if the course is an online course. If space is available, the instructor may give you an ADD PERMIT with an ADD AUTHORIZATION CODE (AAC). Enroll in the course via MyOCC following the instructions on the add permit.
      NOTE: the registration system will not prompt you for an AAC until the course begins.
      If you do not register yourself in the class with the ADD CODE you will NOT BE IN THE CLASS! Note the deadline on the add permit and that the Admissions Department closes early on Fridays!


      facebook logo/link
      Connect with others by joining & liking the OCC International Center facebook page. 
      Follow us on Twitter! @InternationalOC

Program Extension Request Form.pdfProgram Extension Request Form.pdfOptional Practical Training Recommendation Form.pdfOptional Practical Training Recommendation Form.pdfOptional Practical Training Recommendation Form.pdf