Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
Sign In Navigate Up
Home > Enrollment Center > Records > Pass/No Pass Grading Options  
Pass/No Pass Grading Options
Students who enroll in courses designated "graded or pass/ no pass option" may change the grade by logging into MyOCC, clicking on Add/Drop Classes then clicking on the Grade Mode for the class you wish to change the grade option.

On the “Change Class Options” page, click on the drop down box and select the grade option then click on “Submit Changes”. Classes without a drop down do not have a grade option or the date has passed for choosing the grade option. 

If you receive the following error then you must submit a Pass/No Pass request form to the Enrollment Center.

 Print your Student Class Schedule/Web Schedule Bill to verify the grade option for your classes (Additional Information – GRD OPT).

Students must choose the grade option by the specified deadline for each course. (see Deadlines and Dates to Remember for deadlines)

Once the grade option deadline has passed, the grade mode (Standard Letter or Pass/No Pass) cannot be changed.  Before selecting this option, students should consult with a counselor. Generally, it is recommended that students select a letter grade in courses satisfying requirements for majors, general education, or for a high school course deficiency.

A maximum of 15 units of pass option coursework earned at an accredited college or university is counted toward the degree requirements for the Associate in Arts Degree.  

Grades of "NP (No Pass)" are considered unsatisfactory and are counted towards progress probation and/or dismissal.
In courses where one performance standard determines unit credit, there’s no option and only a "P" or "NP" is given.