Summer Session Priority Registration begins on Monday, April 13th. EOPS Students should check MyOCC for their registration date.
Summer Session begins
June 15th and ends August 8th
If you are graduating this spring and/or “walking” in the graduation ceremony, it is customary that EOPS will pay for your cap and gown. You must have met all the requirements of the EOPS Program to be eligible for this service. These are the steps you must take to receive this service:
1. You should receive a postcard from the Graduation Office confirming your graduation and its procedures.
2. Bring that Graduation postcard to EOPS Office, see Shannon or Annie. J
3. We will confirm that you met the requirements of EOPS and we will give you a voucher.
4. You will take the EOPS voucher and the Graduation Office postcard to the Bookstore to receive your cap and gown.
5. If you have any questions regarding this procedure, please contact the EOPS Office.
Congratulations on your accomplishment!
Youth Employment Services Opportunity
20 EOPS/CARE students have the opportunity to participate in the “Job Readiness Program” through YES, Youth Employment Services. Sign Ups are first come, first serve in the EOPS Office.
This training will take place at OCC on multiple dates and you must be able to attend all 3 dates:
Thursday, May 7th from 4pm - 6pm
Thursday, May 14th from 4pm - 6pm
Friday, May 15th from 3pm-6pm
Training will focus on:
1. Employment Skills
2. Personal Finance and Money Management
3. Mock Interviews
Students that attend all 3 trainings will receive professional attire through YES, Youth Employment Services. This is a great opportunity to receive a free interview outfit.
This is all thanks to a partnership between the Costa Mesa YES Program and Orange Coast College.