The OCC Scholarship Office provides information about outside scholarship opportunities. These sites are not affiliated with the college. The sites are meant as a tool in aiding students who are researching opportunities. The information provided is periodically updated by the OCC Scholarship Office.
The handouts provided on this link require Adobe Acrobat Reader
You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader here Adobe Acrobat Reader
Scholarship Search Secrets: A Publication of Student Loan Network
List of Scholarship & Financial Aid Search Sites
The following documents may be helpful when writing your scholarship essay.
FastWeb Tips on Writing a Scholarship Essay WritingaScholarshipEssay_.pdf
FastWeb Tips on Writing a Scholarship Essay WritingaScholarshipEssay_.doc
Writing a Personal Statement PersonalStatementHTCC_.pdf
by Chuck Whitchurch, Honors Transfer Council of Caifornia
These Scholarships are from outside organizations that have asked Orange Coast College to make this information available to the students. These organizations are not affiliated with or endorsed by Orange Coast College. Please contact the organization directly with questions about their scholarships.
If you are an organization interested in having your scholarship featured, then email the Scholarship Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the scholarship name, criteria, amount, deadline, and link to complete the application on your website.
Thomas Law Offices $1,000 Scholarship
Thomas Law Offices, a personal injury law firm in Louisville, Kentucky, is very excited to let you know that we will be offering another scholarship opportunity to students for Spring 2018. We would love to offer this scholarship opportunity to your current and prospective students again.
Scholarship Details and Guidelines:
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any college or graduate school in the United States.
- All applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead—from that college.
- This current scholarship will be rewarded for the semester beginning in Spring 2018.
- All applications for the current semester are due by Monday, January 8th, 2018.
All essay submissions should be sent to: email@example.com and for detailed information visit: http://www.thomaslawoffices.com/scholarship/
NCJW Scholarship Program
Merit-based scholarships to those who live and attend school in the greater Los Angeles area, including Los Angeles, Orange, Riverside, and Ventura counties. Scholarships are awarded regardless of race, ethnicity, religon, age, gender identity, sexuality, or national origin.
Download the application online at http://ncjwla.org/what-we-do/scholarships/
· Be organized. Gather all applicable information or documents and watch for deadline dates. Don’t wait until the last minutes.
· Follow instructions. Most scholarships require an essay, letter of recommendation, or transcript. Make sure you proofread everything before you submit your applications.
· Be honest and be yourself. Don’t give false or exaggerate your qualifications such as your campus club participations, extracurricular, community services, GPA, or organization memberships.