COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update as of 3/30/2020:
At this time, Orange Coast College is closed until further notice out of an abundance of caution for the safety of our students, faculty, and staff. Virtual counseling services will resume on March 31, 2020.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for specific questions, and we will respond to you as soon as possible.
- If you are a continuing TOP student please check your student e-mail for an invitation to a TOP Canvas shell which will allow you to book appointments through TOP.
INTERESTED IN LEARNING ABOUT TOP?
Keep reading and complete the interest form below for more information.
The Transfer Opportunity Program (TOP) was originally designed for members of historically underrepresented groups (African-American, Native-American, and Latino/Hispanic). TOP's goal is to recruit, retain, and transfer qualifying students to a four-year institution. We are committed to providing TOP students with a support system that will enhance their experience at Orange Coast College.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
In order to be eligible for TOP, applicants must graduate from high school the spring prior to their first fall semester and must have interest in transferring to a four-year institution.
WHO COULD BENEFIT?
The requirements, resources and support services offered are aimed specifically to meet the needs of first-generation college students.
The Transfer Opportunity Program is recruiting 2020 high school graduates for the fall 2020 semester.
Steps to apply to be in TOP:
Step 1 Apply to OCC
Step 2 Complete OCC's online orientation
Students interested in TOP will need to schedule a TOP Orientation.
Completion of Steps 1-2 is required to sign-up for a TOP orientation.
TOP REQUIREMENTS ARE:
SOME OF OUR SERVICES INCLUDE:
1. TOP Orientation – students will receive assistance with course selection and registration, counseling, and create a Student Educational Plan. This orientation will cover topics vital to student success.
2. Continued Academic Support – is provided throughout a student's time at Orange Coast to aid with their academic and career development. Each student's performance is monitored to assure success by the following:
- Counseling A105 - This course provides students with an overview of the transfer process and the basic study skills needed to achieve academic success and to transfer. This course is a requirement for all entering TOP students and is UC and CSU transferrable.
- Counseling A205– This course is designed to help TOP students develop the skills necessary to navigate the transfer process. Topics include academic planning from a transfer perspective, overview of potentially complex transfer issues, and transfer admissions representative speakers.
- Counseling and Peer Mentoring - Appointments with trained counselors are available for TOP students needing personal and career counseling. Counselors and peer mentors are available on a walk-in basis.
3. University Campus Tours -TOP students are regularly given the opportunity to visit and tour four-year college and university campuses. Transportation to and from these events is provided.
4. TOP Information Network - TOP provides students with transfer information through various online, email, and telephone media. TOP also provides information on other academic, social, and cultural events.
TOP Center - TOP students can utilize our comfortable work space for:
- quiet and group study
- computer stations
- a place to connect with other TOP students
- multicultural library
Interested in TOP?
Complete Interest Card
- Email Us: email@example.com
- Visit Us: 2701 Fairview Road, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Watson Hall - 2nd Floor: Room 230