California DREAM Act
The California Dream Act of 2011 is the result of two bills, Assembly Bill 130 (AB 130) and Assembly Bill 131 (AB 131). Together, these bills allow students who meet certain provisions of AB 540 law to apply for and receive private scholarships funneled through public universities (AB 130), state-administered financial aid, university grants, and community college fee waivers (AB 131).
Let’s get started!
Complete the California Dream Act application at
. This link will allow you to complete a new application and make corrections to an existing application.
OCC school code = 001250
if you are considered a dependent student on the Dream Act application – you should have your parents’ financial information ready and parent signature is required.
Got questions regarding your Dream Act application? Email the financial aid office at
Financial aid workshops are also available to help you.
- Monday, 2:00 – 3:00p.m.
- Tuesday, 11:00 – 12:00p.m.
- Thursday, from 11:00 – 12:00p.m.
Make your college dreams come true!
AB 540, passed in 2001, allows students who meet all of the following criteria to pay the same tuition and fees as resident students at California public colleges and universities. Starting on January 1, 2013, the California Dream Act extends Cal Grant A & B Entitlement awards, Cal Grant C awards, institutional grants, and community college fee waivers to students who meet these same criteria. To receive Dream Act aid, AB 540 and AB 131 you must:
- Graduate from a California high school or pass the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) or get a General Equivalency Diploma (GED, also called General Educational Development test).
- Enroll in at a California Community College.
- if required, complete an affidavit stating you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for proper immigration status.
- To get a Cal Grant, you must also meet all other Cal Grant eligibility.
http://www.calgrants.org for more information.
Please see the college Admissions Office to determine if you are AB540 eligible.