Orange Coast College's Guardian Scholars Program is committed to supporting ambitious college-bound students who are current or former foster youth/wards of the court.
The Guardian Scholars' mission is to provide a comprehensive program that contributes to the quality and depth of the student's college experience. It serves as a resource for young adults by assisting in their development and equipping them with skills necessary to transfer to a four year university or the vocation of their choice.
Guardian Scholars aims to be a "One Stop Shop" that provides caring and personalized assistance with educational goals and practical day-to-day needs to ensure that students take full advantage of college life both inside and outside the classroom. Services include academic advising, textbook grants, referrals to community resources, and field trips and events.
- Current or former foster youth age 30 or younger at the start of the academic year
- Resided in out-of-home placement on or after 13th birthday
- Priority Registration
- Academic Counseling
- Supportive Community
- Drop-in Center
- Meal Program
- Financial Aid Application Assistance
- Textbook and Materials Grants
- College & Health Fee Waiver
- Assistance finding housing and mental health services in the community
- Workshops designed to ensure success in college and careers
- Field Trips and Events
- Emergency Support Services
- And more!