(last updated 8/24/2020 - We will regularly update this page with more information. Please make sure to check OCC's official COVID-19 Student Resource and FAQ page for campus wide updates & resources.)
Pirates' Cove is now distributing food boxes during the campus closure!
In need of food resources? Even though Pirates' Cove is temporarily closed due to COVID-19, we are still serving our students. We are offering a drive-thru food distribution in collaboration with Second Harvest Food Bank each Thursday at 9:30 am beginning Thursday, August 13, 2020.
The Food Boxes are perishable and must be picked up between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM
- Students will need to sign up each week to receive food boxes using the request link below.
- The deadline to submit a request is every Tuesday by 5:00 pm. Any requests received after Tuesday at 5:00 pm will be added to the following week's distribution.
- You will receive an email on Wednesday of each week confirming your order with pick-up instructions. If you do not receive an email, your order has not been confirmed.
- The food boxes will be available for pick-up the following Thursday between 9 AM and 10 AM. Student or state-issued ID will be required at pick up.
This is a drive-thru distribution and you will need a vehicle to pick up you food boxes.
Example of first order and pick-up:
- Request submitted by Tuesday, August 4, 2020 at 5:00 pm.
- Confirmation email will be sent by Thursday, August 6, 2020.
- Food Boxes will be available for pickup on Thursday, August 13th, 2020.
Students will be able to receive up to one of each type of food boxes listed below:
- Produce Box – This box may contain a mix of "hardy" items such as potatoes, onions, apples, melons, celery, cabbage, carrots, etc. This box weighs 20 – 25 pounds, dimensions: 16″ x 10″ x 10″
- Dairy Box – This box may contain butter, cheddar cheese, jack cheese, cottage cheese, yogurt and milk. The Dairy Box dimensions: 12" x 12" x 16"
- Protein Box – This box may contain one of the following pre-cooked protein and cheese: Fully cooked breaded chicken and cheese, pork taco meat and cheese, chicken meatballs and cheese, deli sliced ham and cheese. This box weighs about 10 pounds, dimensions: 16" x 9.8" x 4.63"
- These food boxes are perishable. Our goal is to ensure that none of the food goes to waste. Due to food handling procedures we are required to monitor the temperature of the food boxes. For this reason, all food boxes must be picked up by 11 AM sharp. If you are unable to make it by 11 AM, your order may be redistributed to other students.
For additional information please contact the Pirates' Cove at firstname.lastname@example.org or 714-432-6892.
Calvary Chapel WestGrove: Food Pantry
Hours: Wednesdays 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Fridays 3:00 p.m. – 4:50 p.m.
Location: 12832 Knott Street, Garden Grove, CA 92841
Christ Cathedral: Food Bank
Pre-bagged food distribution: Thursday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: 13280 Chapman Ave, Garden Grove, CA 92840 by front gate of the property
Cool Water Ministries: Mobile Food Pantry*
Must be 13+ years of age.
Hours: Fourth Saturday of the Month 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Location: 515 East Almond Avenue, Orange, CA 92866
Families Forward: Drive Through Food Bank
Drive through service including food and diapers
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: 8 Thomas, Irvine, CA 92618
Food for Christ at the Rock: Drive Through Food Bank
Hours: Drive through will be 7:00 am - 9:00 am on Saturday.
Location: 101 East Orangethorpe Avenue, Anaheim, CA 92801
First United Methodist Church of Orange: Sack Lunch Program*
Small bag of nonperishables
Hours: Monday-Friday 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Location: 161 South Orange Street, Orange, CA 92866
Mariners Church: Food Pantry*
Hours: Wednesday-Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: 5001 Newport Coast Dr, Irvine, CA 92603
Saddleback Church: Peace Community Resource Center Food Pantry
Fresh and nonperishable grocery items, packages contain 5 days worth of food
Families may receive assistance once every 30 days
Locations: Anaheim, Irvine South, Laguna Woods, Lake Forest, Rancho Capistrano, San Clemente
Saint Paul's Episcopal Church
Hours: Sundays 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Phone: (714) 544-3141
Location: 1221 Wass Street, Tustin CA 92780
Salvation Army Orange County: Drive Through Food Distribution
Canned foods, produce, frozen goods
Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. and Tuesday, Thursday 2:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
For residents of North and Central Orange County - Bring ID
May receive food once monthly, Must meet low income guidelines (TEFAP)
Location: 1515 W. North Street, Anaheim, CA
The Salvation Army of Southern California*
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 1:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
Location: 10200 Pioneer Road, Tustin, CA 92782
Second Harvest Food Bank Drive Through
Saturdays 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Location: Honda Center parking lot: 2695 E. Katella Ave. Enter off South Douglass Road.
1550 Superior Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627
Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm
Southwest Community Center
Provides Hot Meals. Must Be Consumed off-site.
Hot Meal Hours: Monday-Sunday 12:00 p.m.
Food Pantry Hours: Monday and Wednesday 9:00 am-1:00 pm
Phone: (714) 547-4073
Location: 1601 West Second Street, Santa Ana CA 92703
South County Outreach: Appointment Only Food Pantry
Food distribution will be by appointment only. Any shopper coming without an appointment will be directed to call the hotline.
Phone: Pantry Hotline at 949-380-8144 ext. 207
Location: 7 Whatney, Suite B, Irvine, CA 92618
Tustin Drive Through Food Drive
Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Families Together of Orange County Community Health Center, 621 West First St., Tustin CA, 92780
We will update this page with more information as it is available.