Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Student Services > Student Health > Campus Injuries
Campus Injuries

The Coast Community College District maintains a general liability insurance policy that covers medical care for accidents and injuries that occur on district property.  Examples could include student athletes who sustain injuries as a result of team practice or play, or a chemistry student who burns his/her hand on a Bunsen burner.  Allied Health students who are injured at a clinical site are usually covered by worker's compensation through the clinical site, and should check with their clinical instructor for further instructions.

If you are injured on campus:

If students are injured on campus or during participation in campus sponsored activities, they must fill out insurance forms at the Student Health Center within 72 hours of the accident to access the student accident insurance.  If it is not possible to fill out the forms within 72 hours, come to the health center as soon as possible to complete this paperwork. 

For additional information regarding student accident insurance, click here.

Note: The student accident policy is secondary to any primary insurance policy covering an injured student, except when the student's primary insurance is MediCal or CHAMPUS.