Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Home > Student Services > Student Health > Housing Immunization

Housing Immunizations


All newly admitted incoming Housing students must provide documentation of vaccination or immunity to certain infectious diseases (Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR), Varicella, Pertussis and Meningitis) as recommended for colleges and universities by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). 

In addition, newly admitted Housing students must be screened for Tuberculosis risk by completing the TB Risk Assessment form on the Student Health Portal. Students found to be at high risk for Tuberculosis must provide documentation that they have a negative TB test completed within six months of entry into housing at OCC. 

For questions related to health clearances and move-in, please contact Director of Housing & Residential Education: Jamie Kammerman: Phone: 714.714.7544 ext.26139.

OCC Immunization Requirements (Fall 2020)

OCC Housing Immunization Req 2020

Due October 1, 2020: All incoming OCC Housing students are REQUIRED to: 

(1) Obtain the Vaccines Listed Below, (2) Undergo Tuberculosis Risk Screening, (3) Complete the Meningitis Information Form and (4) Enter and Upload Your Records to the Student Health Portal. 

​Required Vaccination     

​ Proof of Immunization

Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR)

​2 doses; first dose on or after age one - OR - Titer (blood test) showing immunity.

Varicella (Chickenpox)  

History of Chickenpox does not satisfy the requirement. 

​2 doses; first dose on or after age one - OR - Titer (blood test) showing immunity.

Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis (Tdap)

Td does not satisfy the requirement.        

​1 dose on or after age 10

Meningococcal Serogroups ACWY (Menactra and Menveo) 

For students age 21 years and younger only.

​1 dose on or after age 16 for all students that are under 22 years of age. Students 22 or older may leave blank.

Tuberculosis (TB) Screening 

All Housing students are required to complete the TB Risk Assessment on the Student Health Portal. Students who have any "yes" answers on the questionnaire are at higher risk for TB infection and are required to submit documentation of either skin or blood testing for TB, done within 6 months of entry into OCC Housing. Those with a previous positive TB test are required to submit documentation of a chest x-ray done within 6 months of entry into OCC Housing.

How To Comply With The OCC Housing Immunization Requirements:

For step by step Instructions on how to complete forms and upload information. 

Please view:Housing IZ Instructions.pdf

  1. Be prepared! Gather all of the info you'll need to complete your requirements online.
  2. Sign in to the Student Health Portal.
  3. Once you are logged in, from the Home Page, click on My Forms, and complete the "Tuberculosis (TB) Risk Assessment" form, "OCC Housing Immunization Requirements Form," and "Meningitis Information" form.
  4. Enter all of the requested dates and immunization information.
  5. Upload images or PDF files of your immunization records or OCC IZ Worksheet for Outside Providers, TB tests, and/or chest Xray, and Immunization Exemption Request form (if applicable) by clicking on "Select File" at the bottom of the forms. If possible, please try to group files together in a PDF so as to have fewer uploads. 
  6. You can check your compliance status from the Home Page on the Student Health Portal.

How To Obtain Copies of Your Immunization and TB Screening Records:

  •  Your vaccination record (sometimes referred to as your immunization record) provides a history of all of the vaccines you received as a child and adult. These records come in different forms but the more common examples include: the "yellow" card (i.e., International Certificate of Vaccination); immunization records maintained by your primary care physician or other licensed healthcare provider either in electronic or hard copy format; and records maintained by your elementary or high school.

  • If the student does not have a copy of their official immunization records including TB screening or testing, they must contact their primary care physician/licensed healthcare provider and obtain documentation, or contact the OCC Student Health Center at 714-714-7705. To submit records from your primary care doctor, download and complete the OCC IZ Worksheet for Outside Providers. Submit this at the bottom of the "OCC Housing Immunization Requirements Form."

  • Immunization Registries: Another potential source for obtaining copies of your immunization records is an Immunization Registry. These registries are secure computer systems that store children's immunization records and can only be used by doctors, hospitals, public health departments and other selected programs that serve children. All 50 states have immunization registries (the California Immunization Registry is referred to as CAIR).

  • To upload your immunization and TB records directly into your SHC electronic health record via the Student Health Portal, please follow the instructions shown above in the section entitled How To Comply With The OCC Housing Immunization Requirements. If you experience problems related to uploading your records via the portal, please call the SHC at 714-714-7705.

  • For general information and questions related to Student Health, please visit the FAQ page.

Medical Exemptions:

Students with a medical condition who cannot receive an MMR, Varicella, Tdap, or Meningococcal conjugate vaccine according to the Immunization Exemption Policy, will need their provider to complete the Immunization Exemption Request Form.  Once the form is completed, log into the Student Health Portal, click on My Forms, fill out the OCC Housing Immunization Requirements Form and at the bottom click "Select File" to upload the Immunization Exemption Request form. Medical exemption requests are reviewed by the Student Health Center for completion and updated in the Immunization Compliance Section on the Student Health Portal Home Page.